Central NJ
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Our PC dosed the pool w flocc upon opening (out pool i uncovered all winter so full of all sorts of grossness come spring), and not realizing that we had the pump & filter running for a few days. That was mistake #1. Once realized, we turned it off and let sit for 2 days (busy week) at which point my husband vacuumed, but as he's not the usual pool carer in the family, he did NOT vacuum to waste and instead sent everything through the filter. Mistake #2. The pool is still a mess, and after backwashing the pressure still seems to be crazy low (we have the pump running at 2500rpm and while I can see a current running into the skimmers, it's not what we usually see when up that high.) I'm well aware that we're making a mess of things but we aren't sure what to do at this point.

Should we turn the pump off again and let everything settle again ad vacuum to waste a few more times?

Should we RE-floc? We're also in heavy pollen season which is clouding things up as well

Do we need to do anything to the filter after having run floc debris through it several times? The entire things was cleaned in the off season, but I would imagine we really gunked it up already. Would backwashing work or will that only help with the media and not the screens?

Realistically should we call a professional to get this straightened out?

We've been pool owners for 5 yr, and it never seems to be getting any easier.:cautious:

Our PC dosed the pool w flocc upon opening (out pool i uncovered all winter so full of all sorts of grossness come spring), and not realizing that we had the pump & filter running for a few days. That was mistake #1. Once realized, we turned it off and let sit for 2 days (busy week) at which point my husband vacuumed, but as he's not the usual pool carer in the family, he did NOT vacuum to waste and instead sent everything through the filter. Mistake #2. The pool is still a mess, and after backwashing the pressure still seems to be crazy low (we have the pump running at 2500rpm and while I can see a current running into the skimmers, it's not what we usually see when up that high.) I'm well aware that we're making a mess of things but we aren't sure what to do at this point.

Slow down and stop compounding your mistakes. It is better to do too little then too much and create more work for yourself.

Should we turn the pump off again and let everything settle again ad vacuum to waste a few more times?

Yes.

Should we RE-floc?

No. Why add more floc and increase your cleaning problem?

We're also in heavy pollen season which is clouding things up as well

Pollen does not cause cloudy pools if you maintain the correct CYA to FC ratios.

Floc does not fix the algae problem of cloudy pools.

Stop using floc and creating problems for yourself and your pool care will be easier.

Do we need to do anything to the filter after having run floc debris through it several times? The entire things was cleaned in the off season, but I would imagine we really gunked it up already. Would backwashing work or will that only help with the media and not the screens?

You need to open up the filter and clean the grids. The floc may have gummed up the DE grids to the point where they need to be replaced.

Realistically should we call a professional to get this straightened out?

Depends what you ask the “professional “ to do.

They have standalone vacuum rigs that can vacuum the floc from your pool floor without messing up your filter.

They can clean your DE filter grids or replace them.

We've been pool owners for 5 yr, and it never seems to be getting any easier.:cautious:

I suggest you spend time here and learn TFPC methods. Floc is not part of our methods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.