jowens1422

Jul 6, 2023
Pittsboro, IN
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I added floc to my pool, didn't follow the instructions properly and now what was just a small cloudy issue has become a disaster. Luckily, my water is balanced and clear on top but there is still leftover floc on the bottom and walls of the pool but water level is too low so I cannot vacuum to waste until Saturday when water is scheduled for delivery so should I keep pump turned off or let it run since floc is already in the filter sand? I also bought new sand and plan to replace sand tomorrow or on Saturday, but after I remove the old sand, deep clean the filter and then add the new sand what do I need to do to make sure my new sand is not contaminated with the remaining floc in the pool?

I wouldn't add the new sand until you are confident you have removed all the floc. Might as well gum-up the old stuff after you've exhausted all the filter-to-waste options. Once you think you're clear of all the floc, then change the sand.

Welcome to TFP! :wave: Do you have a multiport valve? If so, place it on recirculate to bypass the filter. At least that way you can keep water moving.
Yes, I do have a multi-port valve. Great idea to put on recirculate to keep the water moving but keep from going thru the sand filter and putting back into the pool.
Thanks!

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.