FL Pool Neglected for 3 Years

Then you can take off the pump basket lid with the other pump on. Once a pool pump is turned off, there is no trapped pressure.

Reactions: Bacon_ISF
When you have a full or at least half a day put it back on filter. You will need to babysit it and backwash/add de fairly often to start.

Good progression. Stay at it.

SLAM Day 5-6
Holy cow! I couldn't believe my eyes this morning. I could actually see the bottom of the shallow end. Water literally cleared overnight. Gotta keep SLAMing though until it's sparkling clear!

Check out this spa pump basket. Never cleaned in 3 years!
On the other hand, after I cleaned the basket and put it back in, the spa pump won't turn on. :( What could've gone wrong?

1588373356585.png

Well. Go through the systems and see that everything is set for it to run. No clicks, hums, etc?

Might be. Do you have a multimeter? If you feel comfortable with it, test for voltage at the pump.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hello guys I'm back again. Water became completely clear last week so I thought I was done with SLAM. There was no overnight FC loss so I let the FC drop to 5 this past Monday.

However there's some fine dust on the bottom that swooshes away when I brush. I've been running the pump two days straight and it won't go away. I noticed FC dropped to 0.5 today so I think there's algae in there again and chlorine is fighting it?
My question is how high should I bring up the FC? Back to 12 or somewhere less?

1588896529791.png

Almost done I promise! :)

Reactions: Flying Tivo
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.