First Water Test - Now Taylor 2006C

I would estimate that you're going to need about 12 hours per day at 100% for peak days once you get a stable fc level.

If the fc is behind right now, I would suggest a quick boost using liquid chlorine.

Reedley is in farm country. I suspect you will have a higher than normal FC usage. Might be wrong -----

The day of the SWCG has finally ended.
I started at 730 this morning with a FC and pH test
FC 2.6
CC 0.0
pH 8.0

Added ~44 oz of 31.45% Muriatic Acid and let the SWG / pump run for 16 hours.
Had about 12 people in the pool for about 2 hours late in the afternoon.
After all that:

FC 5.2
CC 0.2
pH 7.8
TA 130
CH 160
CYA 30 (likely lower, I did the test indoors and could still see the dot at the 30 mark)
SALT 3000
Temp 84 (Air temp high was 101 today)
CSI 0.02

So in 16 hours I had a net gain of 2.6 FC; that feels good knowing that my SWCG can have a decent impact on a daily basis even on a hot sunny day.
I'll test FC in the morning to see what my overnight drop is and plan to run for 10 hours tomorrow.

Looks like you're getting everything under control. Do you still have the tabs in the skimmer?

You should switch to a 10 ml sample so that each drop is 0.5 ppm. That's enough precision and it will save on reagent.

Looks like you're getting everything under control. Do you still have the tabs in the skimmer?

You should switch to a 10 ml sample so that each drop is 0.5 ppm. That's enough precision and it will save on reagent.

I took them out when I turned the pump off yesterday and put them in a cup that I'll keep by the pump switch.
I put them back in the skimmer when I turned the pump back on this morning.

Is leaving tabs in the skimmer an issue if I need to be gone for a week? Two weeks? Or is it just a long term suggestion not to do it?
I'll switch to 10 ml sample for maintenance.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Buy a Tab floater if you want to use tabs.
Before finding TFP I bought a large container of Tabs so... I have two scenarios where I will plan to use them.

1) To slowly raise my CYA to the recommended SWCG levels (so I don't have to buy CYA)
2) To cover times when I'm away on vacation or won't be able to check my pool for a few days.

I had a floater but gave it away, but not big deal, I have one on order.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.