First time testing.

todd.brock

Silver Supporter
Jan 18, 2018
Cincinnati/OH
Hello,

First time testing using the TF 100 set. My pool has had water in it for almost 2’weeks. Pump /sand filter has been running for about a week. The PB told me to put in a gallon of 12.5% shock on Labor Day. The PB superintendent put in 2 gallons earlier this week. We have been floating pucks per the PB the entire time. The electrician got the SWCG today and took out the pucks floater. There is no stabilizer in the pool.

I haven’t tested water until today. Using the TF100 kit, I only measured chlorine and PH. Chlorine didn’t register with the 5 drops.
PH about 7.8. I verified with test strips the PB gave me ( I know, I know...)

I used the K-1766 kit to test salt as the PB dumped in about 475 lb of salt today. It turned the reddish color after 6 drops. I think that means I am at 1200 ppm?? The SWCG -aquarite 900 shows 2800 and is generating chlorine.
6 drops
ca5e8ddfa6db78f3da70f3cf49808300.jpg

c9a7780e574c3e391d23d3c41fdb9c26.jpg

The builder isn’t done yet, so they are just letting it go until they are finished. I’m trying to keep from letting it go. The water is clear- can see the bottom no issues. I have kept it swept and leaves out of it.

Should I put more shock in, let the SWCG do it’s thing, or wait for PB? It’s an aquarite 900.

Why not do a full set of test results?

6 drops would be 1200ppm. We recommend leaving the SWG off and circulating for 24 hours after adding salt.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI, the FC will be gone in a few hours with no CYA in the water. Might want to get 30ppm dissolving .

Oh add pool details in signature.
What is the surface? Hopefully not plaster as salt should not have been added for at least 30 days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.