First time slammer, checking in

Water still real clear, but same amount of brown spots reappeared overnight and dropped FC from 30 to 25 so I guess it's still fighting. Backwash and rinse were clear after a vac to waste though so I only ran bw for a minute and rinse for 30 sec.
Do I just stay the current course until I pass the OCLT or any thoughts concerning the reoccurring brown spots in same places (mostly center of pool)?

I will tell you that I also get some stuff on the bottom of my pool each day :( With my cats drinking out of it AND dipping their paws in it I guess I don't stand a chance of having a "clean" pool for long :(

With that kind of drop overnight I would stay the course with the SLAM. If someone wants to swim during the day just let it sit just under SLAM level for your CYA then push it up to after they get out.

Kim:kim:

So as you can see the water looks great!! I vacuumed brown spots this morning but not as many as yesterday and there are more tonight (see pic) but again not as many as this morning, but I'm having to vacuum to waste. Do you recommended continuing that or trying the DE so the filter can get them? I know it's dead algae not dirt, etc so I want them all gone!

Attachments

• 20180620_170721.jpg
    20180620_170721.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 42
  • 20180620_170700.jpg
    20180620_170700.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 42
I would do a one, two punch... vacuum to waste AND add the DE to the filter. That way there will be less for it to catch. Just remember to be able to "babysit" the filter until you find out how much DE it likes. Be ready to back watch if the pressure shoots up fast or too much.

Ok I don't have the DE powder yet dae will do that over the weekend. Did another real slow vac to waste over the spots tonight so will see how she looks in the AM. Going to do another OCLT tonight and should be coming off SLAM tomorrow! As clear as the water is and has been for 24+ hrs I can't imagine there is any more living algae in there.
Thanks for all the help and hopefully this looooong thread is near its end!

Ask all questions, no matter how small or silly seeming.

After you pass all SLAM Process criteria, let FC fall under 10 and post full set of test result - put off CYA until you have a ton of sun at your back.

Kim, what do you think - even though [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] says FC 6 ... given the recent relapse, our relentless heat, sun, multi-inch rains, and the fact that the SWG isn't really dialed in for summer daily demand yet - should they target FC 9-11 for a week and log data?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, are you brushing with the soft bristle brush???

P.S. don't leave the DE where the kids/pets can play with it - even for a minute.

Dirk I was thinking the same thing, again LOL, as you! Lets keep that FC up for a week or more if needed. Easier to do that then do this all over again. Once you find how much FC you are using each day AND staying clear we will revisit this.

Ok I did not have any FC loss overnight and pool is clear so I'll start lowering to 10 today. I really like the idea of keeping it a bit higher right now as you said.
I am brushing with soft bristle brush. Spots reappeared this AM, same places, but today I just brushed rather than vacuumed due to time and bc vaccing the last 3 days has only reduced them by maybe 50%. Hoping DE this weekend will help eliminate them along with another vac to waste.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.