First Time Pool Owner (Houston Pool Build)

Trying to figure out the planting bed plan, too. Herbs do well in raised beds. On the one hand, a raised bed could help minimize pooled water in the bed during heavy rains - especially if the sidewalk slopes towards the bed. On the other hand, you don't necessarily want to interfere with water draining away from pool. If you decide to raise it, you might consider using something like large rocks to line the bed. That would keep the herbs out of overly damp soil, keep the mulch in, and allow the water to enter bed if it needs to.

so finally finally after waiting for a while TOMORROW the plaster is scheduled and on Thursday the Primera Stone polishers will come out and then the pool can get filled. No rain in sight anywhere this week, so hopefully this will all go down as planned!

And of course the pool builder calls and says the plaster company rescheduled him ... The plaster company is Poolworks in Houston and I'm starting to wonder how this can happen over and over again. Either
a) they are just an unreliable company when it comes to scheduling and they are doing this to all their pool builders
b) my PB is not on top of scheduling them enough and holding them accountable
c) my PB gets thrown to the back of the line every time they have "better/bigger/more important pool builders" come and ask for a date ...

Doesn't really matter because no matter what reason, we continue to have to wait for our pool and more annoyingly we cannot get landscaping down and continue to live around a pile of dirt.

What you have so far is quite beautiful! Best wishes on the rest! Thanks for sharing the company's name as it may help others make informed decisions.

In case it helps:
"Here is the rule to remember in the future, When anything tempts you to be bitter: not, 'This is a misfortune' but 'To bear this worthily is good fortune.' - Marcus Aurelius

Finally I have some good news :)
bc9216280b7ad282928321485be6e1dd.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations! Eagerly awaiting pictures and your review of their work! I wonder if the general contractor will come and do quality control....
The PB didn't even come yesterday. Luckily I had my camera positioned over the pool because I could see from work that they weren't going to chip out the small tile sample in the middle of the pool wall. I hopped in my car and drove over (only 5 mind away) and got them to chip it out just before they started plastering that section. The plaster guy said, good that you came because unless somebody tells us we won't chip out anything anything.

Almost done. They are preshurre washing everything right now. Won't be long until they start filling it im sure!!

The color looks a little bubble gum in some pictures but in the closeup you can really see all the polished rocks and glass pieces!
4f08cd76a5f0e8d71c5f717b329950fe.jpg
f080aea295430cae11ed804d594afc95.jpg
0c17d6198fd5b03b5e558f926dffd53c.jpg
65ae50580a26977b03fd5195fcdc8eae.jpg
24ada0ddf5f71a17ea2a1cc03dfe0d3e.jpg
c59b43a1451eef384fad29e518f33d9b.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.