First time pool owner, BBB method opening, cloudy water.

You have it right. Just remember that the more you dilute, the more you lose precision.

The only way to use less reagent is to use a smaller sample size. That stuff is very inexpensive, just by another bottle.

JasonLion said:
You have it right. Just remember that the more you dilute, the more you lose precision.

The only way to use less reagent is to use a smaller sample size. That stuff is very inexpensive, just by another bottle.

Losing precision doesn't bother me. I just need to know if it's above 7ppm. Also I wasn't concerned about using too much OTO. I was just wondering if there's a way to measure higher concentrations using less drops. I guess that would essentially be the same as multiplying the volume of pool water. It wouldn't work without including a non-chlorinated water.

After completing the repairs in this thread, my filter is now operating properly!

Finally my water is as clear as I hoped it would be and will only get better!

PICT5723.JPG

PICT5730.JPG

I would also like to add I feel like it was someone else who posted my first post when I began this journey. I keep reading that post and have to stop myself from from telling myself how it is. It just goes to prove that knowledge is power.

JesseWV said:
Losing precision doesn't bother me. I just need to know if it's above 7ppm. Also I wasn't concerned about using too much OTO. I was just wondering if there's a way to measure higher concentrations using less drops. I guess that would essentially be the same as multiplying the volume of pool water. It wouldn't work without including a non-chlorinated water.

Before too long, you'll have a really good feel for how your pool acts and reacts, and you'll be able to pretty much do daily dosing by rote, testing periodically to keep everything in check. You'll just know what your pool needs, sort of a pool nirvana thing.

Nice looking pool, BTW.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.