Long Island
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60 Plus
My main concern is if I add any chemicals before I closing? I honestly thought that I just shock it/add chlorine to it before I close it. I’m pretty sure I know how to get all the water out of the lines. I was going to drain pool below skimmer and returns and blow water out with a compressor. Then for main drain I was going to blow air into it until I see bubbles coming up, then close main drain as I’m pumping in air to create an air pocket. Sorry for the wall of text, but At least that’s my rough idea on how to do it.
If that’sthe gist of it, can anyone help on what chemicals I need to add before closing and if I made any mistakes on draining plumbing?

thanks again so much guys!

Chemicals are a personal preference when some folks also decide to add RV antifreeze to the lines, or Polyquat 60 (type we suggest if using) Algaecide. Some areas of the country like Michigan and the far Northeast have such long prolonged periods of closed pool they decide to add a little extra insurance.

Maddie

Chemicals are a personal preference when some folks also decide to add RV antifreeze to the lines, or Polyquat 60 (type we suggest if using) Algaecide. Some areas of the country like Michigan and the far Northeast have such long prolonged periods of closed pool they decide to add a little extra insurance.

Maddie
Okay so it’s just preference? I was honestly just going to shock it with liquid chlorine then close it. Would that be an okay solution?

Of course......there are no guarantees either way of course, but closing late, opening early and understanding how to fix problems quickly and efficiently if they appear give you the best chance of a fast opening again next spring.

Maddie

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.