adhanani

Aug 22, 2019
Round Rock, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
We just got our test kit, and wife and I tried the testing. I'm not sure if I can trust the results since I waited about 4ish hours between collection and testing.

My results (also logged in the app):
FC:7.8, CC:0.2, PH:8, TA:190, CH:500 and CYA:100.

Then I took a sample today to Lesile immediately after collecting it and got the following numbers:
FC:4, Total Available Chlorine:4, PH:8, TA:110, CYA:200, CH:440, Acid Demand:2, Phosphates:100, Total Dissolved Solids:2700

I'm thinking of redoing my testing but the CYA, PH and CH are kind of matching with Lesile

Lesile's manager advised to add 1 qt muriatic acid for the PH and recommend to drain almost the entire pool for the high CYA.

I'm not sure where to proceed from here. Any suggestions please?

Ignore Leslie please.

I see your latest PoolMath log says CYA 200. Is that the Leslie test? Please don’t confuse your PoolMath logs with their test.

You should lower your pH a bit to 7.6. Use PoolMath to determine the amount of MA.

You are looking at a major drain or water exchange to lower your CYA to 30-50.

What is the pH, TA, & CH of your fill water?

With CYA over 100 you need to do the dilution test as described in step 8 at...

1. If your CYA level is 90 or higher, repeat the test adjusting the procedure as follows:
    1. Fill the mixing bottle to the lower mark with pool water.
    2. Continue filling the mixing bottle to the upper mark with tap water.
    3. Shake briefly to mix.
    4. Pour off half of the contents of the mixing bottle, so it is again filled to the lower mark.
    5. Continue the test normally from step 2, but multiply the final result by two.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.