First test results. Help with raising CYA

We represent the TFP Guild
The TFP Guild, the TFP Guild
And in the name of the TFP Guild
We wish to welcome you to clear pool Land

We can’t wait to see crystal clear all the way to the bottom!
This is the hardest part- waiting.... but keep it up it will come!
I hope y’all are enjoying your new pool - not sure how hot it is there but it’s miserable here without one. :paddle:
I do all my brushing & vacuuming from inside the pool!
I like to think of tfp kinda like how the total money makeover & baby steps is- you gotta be ok with being “weird” & not doing what everyone else is because you & your family get the sustainable rewards. No magic - just working your way through but in the end you’ll have a trouble free pool & all the “normal” people won’t 🤩

Nice Dave Ramsey reference! That is a great program for people struggling with debt or even just in general!

I’m just catching up now on your progress. It looks like you’ve got everything where you wanted it and are able to enjoy the pool with your family. That’s awesome! I haven’t been on TFP for a few days for that exact reason. My swamp became a slightly cloudy usable pool and after a few more days of slam it was crystal clear! The process definitely works and the learned a lot! Mine also took about 16 days and I used about 15 gallons of 12.5% shock. It was a lot of work but everything is working swimmingly now!

Enjoy the pool, your hard work and the rest of the summer!

I love you guys! Who knew pool maintenance could be so fabulous! Lol!

Speaking of pool maintenance I have a little bit of haze in my pool today. Did a chlorine lost test nothing there. my chlorine levels are dead right where they should be. same with my pH. My TA is a little high at 10 but it's not messing with my pH so I'm not too worried about it. Supposed to be having a nice barbecue and swim today. So last night I turned on the pump and let it run. I swear it's Dang pine trees! Did a really good vacuum this morning on it, instead of letting stretch do it. I know it does a good job but at least I know I got every crack n crevice. Hope it'll clear up by this afternoon. Any suggestions? Or should I just load in my POP and keep an eye on things

Attachments

• IMG_20200725_110245178.jpg
    IMG_20200725_110245178.jpg
    650.7 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_20200725_110207580.jpg
    IMG_20200725_110207580.jpg
    374 KB · Views: 55

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
When you know you are going to have others over and in the pool I would push the FC up to just under SLAM level for your CYA just before they show up AND again after the last person gets out. You will be very surprised at how much FC you lose to people in the pool (and what they "add" to the pool :roll: LOL)

It could just be dust and whatever pollen like stuff the pine needles had on them. The heavy rains the other day washed them all clean, and into Poolio. Whenever I lose my sparkle and the #s say it’s ok, It’s just a matter of waiting for the filter to do its thing.

Having it happen right before People come over is just Murphy’s law.

Re-read Kimkats. She is spot on with her advice to elevate your chlorine NOW before your party. Maybe SLAM level is not necessary but I would add at leat 5 ppm or so of chlorine, It may quickly clean up that haze and you need the extra chlorine for the swimmer load.

If their arrival is imminent, have Stretch do it for you.....it's pretty important.

Just wanted to throw up some pics for you guys. A little video too. So, a little background my 4th in line, Xavier, is three and has a sensory disorder and is quite terrified of water. Bath time is less than a treat, but this pool has opened up something in him and it makes me so happy and I just wanna cry from joy. Enjoy the pics of the NoobFam. And again, thank you guys so much!

Dang! Can't upload it because it's too big, but long story short. He is swimming happily (with a life vest ofc).

It’s amazing how you change a slight parameter, like, say, add 20k gallons of more water than the bath, and all of a sudden...... poof..... its not the scary bath. Pools are magical like that. He may even become backwards compatible if he sees the tub as a small pool at some point.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Just wanted to throw up some pics for you guys. A little video too. So, a little background my 4th in line, Xavier, is three and has a sensory disorder and is quite terrified of water. Bath time is less than a treat, but this pool has opened up something in him and it makes me so happy and I just wanna cry from joy. Enjoy the pics of the NoobFam. And again, thank you guys so much!

Dang! Can't upload it because it's too big, but long story short. He is swimming happily (with a life vest ofc).
Can post on YouTube and share the link?

Reactions: Mdragger88

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.