First test results. Help with raising CYA

Also, update about vaccing. We vaced to filter and OH MAN saints be praised for whoever invented pool socks. Saves so much from hitting the filter. Every five mins stretch and I cleared the sock of what he has lovingly dubbed "PoolPoo". Hopefully this will get us over our last hump to clear it and I'll have a TFP by Tuesday. This is day 9 of SLAM.

MANNNN THAT WATER FELT NICE THO

Also, update about vaccing. We vaced to filter and OH MAN saints be praised for whoever invented pool socks. Saves so much from hitting the filter. Every five mins stretch and I cleared the sock of what he has lovingly dubbed "PoolPoo". Hopefully this will get us over our last hump to clear it and I'll have a TFP by Tuesday. This is day 9 of SLAM.

MANNNN THAT WATER FELT NICE THO
Is the family starting to believe yet??

I'm from around the area, and we just bought the house this past December. It's such a beautiful small town. It's amazing what a small world that is sometimes!
Fun read. You are doing great!!! PoolAid.... Poolio... you must be the only one in Little Falls who uses centimeters.... I went to school not too far west of you, but that's been longer than I like to admit.

You think its clear now? One morning you are going to go out there and have a Come to Jesus moment when you see how clear it is. Soon...
Just wait, one day you will walk over to the pump to check if the basket needs to be emptied and have a HOLY POOP moment. There's no water in the basket and the pump isn't running. Nope... The pump is full of crystal clear water and working beautifully!! Happened to me twice far...

Reactions: carnivalday

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
If you ever get tired of cleaning filters, go for a sand filter, you lose some water when cleaning but its only 2-3 times a year.
That’s not fair Felipe. If the cartridges were properly oversized they wouldn’t need constant cleaning. I opened to a swamp this year and only cleaned the cartridges after the SLAM. The PSI was still ok I just really felt I should.

So poolio is clearing nicely. Vacced again and only got one small clump of pool poo. Need a new brush, the one I got from Wally world keeps separating and I'm afraid it's gonna catch the liner. Losing more chorine today, but it's super sunny. I checked my cya and it has dropped. Is that normal, should I put a bit in tonight? It was right at the 20 mark so I thought maybe a scootch of it wouldn't hurt. Lemme know what y'all think!

Reactions: Mdragger88
You have vac'd to waste so your CYA being a bit low is not surprising.
Add 10 ppm of CYA. When you get the pool clear and pass the criteria, then take it to 40 ppm total.

Reactions: LooLooPoolNoob
Poolio Status report
Day 11
The battle continues Generals.
Cyuranic Acid Reinforcements arrived late last night. The addition will Surely shore up the troops on the front lines. Quart battalions of Liquid Chlorine have also arrived.
This Generals advisor, Lt. Mr. Noob, seems to becoming a believer in our strategy, and nary the word "Algaecide" has been spoken in the last 48 hours.
We have been slowly taking back Territory and Claiming it for the TFP kingdom.
The Deep End strong hold is seeming to weaken and we shall push inch by inch to clear the Murk.
The Pine Needle aerial assaults continue to be troublesome, especially as it seems that they have made a tentative alliance with the Insect Horde. The waterboatmen and moth battalions are particularly disgusting and ferocious. The Moths seem to sacrifice life and wing to bring the Murk.
BUT WE SHALL PREVAIL! FOR PROPER POOL CHEM, AND CLEAR WATER, AND FAMILY FUN!

THEY CAN EAT MY FC, BUT THEY CAN NEVER TAKE MY TROUBLEFREEPOOLDOM!

Included are pictures of the front lines!

Attachments

• IMG_20200713_082657958.jpg
    IMG_20200713_082657958.jpg
    444 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_20200713_082615073.jpg
    IMG_20200713_082615073.jpg
    384.4 KB · Views: 77

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.