First test - advice please

1692309861075.png

Welcome to TFP.

Your TA of 60 was OK. You did not need to add Soda Ash to raise it.

How do you chlorinate your pool? Your CYA is too high and you should probably drain some water to lower it.

Your FC is too low for your CYA. See...

Welcome to TFP.
How did you test? Your CYA is way high which means you should drain about 50% of your water to lower your CYA.
Do you use liquid chlorine to sanitize? Please see the
FC/CYA Levels

I used TF-100 test kit. I have drained half of my pool and added water to reduce CYA. Added liquid chlorine Had a quick test after 4 hours of filter running.
Here is my result
DateFCFree
Chlorine
PPM
(6 to 11)
CCCombined
Chlorine
Total
Chlorine
PPM
CHCalcium
Hardness
PPM
250 - 650
TATotal
Alkalinity
PPM
50 - 90
CYA
-
PH
-
Chlorine
8/17/202373.510.54164006601107.510
8/18/2023136.510.571435010100807.510

Going to test today to see if it has improved CYA and other factors before adding anything.
Do we need to add liquid chlorine daily, now we have stopped using the Tabs? How to decide the amount to add?
P.S : I did not know app was sending the dat here from my tests. I only added washing soda once. but after finding that only way to reduce CYA is drain the pool, went with draining the pool.

I would test your CYA again after 24 hrs to confirm. It appears your CYA was actually higher than 110.
For future reference - if your CYA is over 100 which is the highest number on the CYA tube - it is best to do a diluted CYA test to determine how much above 100 it is.
Having a CYA of 80 is workable. You will need to maintain your FC in the 9 to 11 range.
For a 27,200 gal pool, 1 gal of LC will raise your FC by 3.7 (using 10% LC)
Add LC now to raise to that level
pH is fine, TA a little high but that can be worked down over time - no need to focus on that. As pH increases to 8 then lower pH to 7.5 which will slowly also decrease TA as well.

FYI - if you purchase the subscription for the Pool Math App for $8 per year - your test data will be saved and allow you to look back at the history if needed.

Furthermore, on the app you have a hamburger menu on top left. Touch that and you will see Effects of Adding. That is how you determine how much to chemical to add.
You can get to that another way as well by pressing on the Test icon on your HOME screen (bottom left). You can put in a target value and it will tell you how much to add.

Reactions: Cluelesspoolguy1
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.