First set of numbers!

May 19, 2018
TN
Hi all,

Just got my test kit in and was able to get a good set of numbers. I have not chlorinated since last night (6pm CST) and it has been raining like crazy today!!

FC 4
CC .5
PH 7.2
CYA 40

I haven't done any other tests yet due to the weather.

I will want to raise my FC to 7, which is where I prefer it... I will raise the PH just slightly with the fountain... Any other thoughts?? Thank you all!

Did another test this evening after a ton of rain all day.... FC was down from above 7 to 4.5 now?? Would there be that dramatic of a drop from that amount of rain (exceptional amount) in the FC? I did do a test of CC 0 so that is better. Should I raise my CYA to 50 from 40???

I think that this is great news!! Been in FL for a week (7 days) and just returned tonight. Before we left, I brought my CC up to shock level (16). The pool had no cover and is in full sun all day and still had CC of 1.5!! Even though it is obviously low, 7 days with no maintenance or chlorine...this seems good.

Thoughts?

Water looks good? Raise chlorine to normal target and do OCLT, just to make sure.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.