First Ever Pool - Above ground bestway 4.2m slice of heaven

Thank you Kimkats, that's a great idea.... I'll probably cut up a pool noodle... :)

I get to go visit my original pool this weekend... The lady who bought it from me last year, wants a little help balancing her water, so I said I'd go and help... She's also buying the filter I just took off my pool as the little one that came with my original bestway isn't cutting it anymore... So I've found all the adapters she'll need, and I'll set up the over the wall skimmer for her too....

Taking my trusty TF100 test kit with me... :) I'm really looking forward to it.....

LOL so you are bringing her over the "clear" side! Good for you!

Good idea on the pool noodle. That will work great! Just keep an eye on it just in case it starts to wear down. There should not be much movement but.........

Kim

The pool is looking great this morning... The silicone should be set by six o clock tonight, the return line has a leak due to the plunger valve.... Its leaking pretty severely, but there's nothing I can do about it till the new plunger valve arrives....

I might give the company a ring this morning and see if they can expedite my order for me......

Switched everything on, and we have leaks..... So now I have to redo it all and it sets me back another day..... :-( Just at the pump and filter, the pool connections are fine, except for the one cracked plunger valve that's on order....

It really does Kim.... :-( But hubby got the caulking gun out last night, and went to work with the silicone.... :) Going to put it back together this morning and see how we go.... The pool has been sitting stagnant for 3 days, I need to get some circulation in there......

Pool is up and running! Circulation is fantastic! The return jet hits The other side of the pool! I've already vacuumed and it only took me 15 minutes! Just so happy with it right now! Check out the movement of the water!
94fc0afd305d90e9c69396c775c250ab.jpg

6798cb492b092d7f2276ec6750c98340.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Its great Kim :) I had to go back out and vac again after everything had settled, so my pool is now crystal clear and clean.... I've just reprogrammed the digital timer so I can set and forget the pump... :) I'm only running it three times a day, 6.00am - 9.00am, then 9.00pm till 12.00 and 3.00am till 5.00am... Might get rid of the 3-5am.. Don't think I'll need it... :) The filter even tells me when it needs cleaning.... SO HAPPY... :) I'll be ecstatic when the plunger valve gets here... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
El Nina is in effect here in Australia... Now its a good thing for the country as we are getting heaps of drought breaking rain, but if you're a pool owner that only gets three months of summer, IT SUCKS........

We've had 25kph winds and its been very overcast..... Not what I was expecting at all..... And its only happening on the eastern side of Australia.... Western Australia as per usual are baked in sunshine....

Another crappy day is predicted for tomorrow.... Ho hum.... :-(

Yup I did it... It was totally worth it... There's nothing like putting goggles on, and swimming under water and seeing just how clean and clear it is.... The only problem is, I'm a pool snob now, and if someone else has a pool, and if its not as clean as mine, I won't get in.... Unless they let me balance the water first... :)

You can come over and balance mine ;) - basking in over 30deg here with a sweet warm pool - still a little cloudy though, but getting there. Your pool looks beautiful and clear - can I just ask, how near the top do you fill your up?

YAY, the new plunger valve has arrived, and I can stop the pool from leaking.... I can also now isolate the pool and check for the suction leak I have.... Pretty sure its coming from the cartridge filter.....

Just have to wait for Dave to get home from work..... So close to being completely done... :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.