First Ever Pool - Above ground bestway 4.2m slice of heaven

Hi everyone... Well its November and getting really hot here... LOVIN" IT... We're supposed to have a screaming hot summer this year.... So looking forward to it...

I ordered the replacement pool liner yesterday, it should be here by the end of the week... I'm going to spend some of the week, preparing the filter and hoses.... I'll post pics when stuff arrives...

Lacey, We REALLY need to see pics of a swimming pool being used in the hot sun. Most of the pools on this side are closed or too cold to use. :(

I keep mine open all year but I do not get in it. My crazy husband........he jumps in every morning after his hot bath! CRAZY I tell you!

Kim

Hey Kimkats... I sure will....

I've got to order a couple more plunger valves, and I'm about to pull apart all the hoses and re-silicone everything so no leaks this year....

Last year I filled the pool by using 3 different hoses all over the complex... That worked as the complex was half empty... This year we are at capacity, so I have to truck water in... $400 :(

Need to order a new test kit refill also....

Things are shocking here at the moment... I need 12 new restrainer straps for the legs of my pool, as apparently I've THROWN THEM OUT, when cleaning the shed a couple of months ago... So its going to be a long wait for them to arrive from INTEX in the US to me here in Oz, so my summer is basically blown.... :(

Wow. You must have thought they were something else when you pitched them.

Yikes! Why does it take so long to get? I used to ship to Oz when I worked for a ministry, I think it took a week or so...

Too bad you don't know anyone near where they are sold who could get them and do a quick ship for you. ��

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Hi guys... Pool parts have arrived, the repositioning of the pool is taking place even as we speak... I'll be putting hoses in it tonight and starting to fill it.... FINALLY...

We've had a week of pouring rain here in Australia, its almost country wide, but today is the last day and we're getting temps in the 30's (celcius) for the next few weeks.... Samson has been so lost without the pool this year, and we've had a horrible start to the summer, but at least Australian Farmers are breathing a sigh of relief....

I will take some photos when the water is going in... :) Yay, its finally come together....

Way to go Lacey - you've had rain, we've had hot dusty dry sun - I'll swap you ;) Those boys of yours will be loving the pool - it's got to be the quickest way of wearing them out - works for me, no one hears me speak after 10.30pm - too tired to talk zzzzzzzzz lol

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.