Finally! We're Diggin' - First Pool, DFW area, Lap/Sports w hot tub

Hi! I am just now finding this wonderful build!! I LOVE your siggy! I have a couple sets of links to help you get and keep the best pool ever!

First set talks about the plaster:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

This set talks about how to care for the plaster and water once it is ready for fun!
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

Now is also a great time to ask your PB about what test kit they will be giving you. Let us know so we can fill in any holes.

Kim:kim:

Thanks Kim. It's going to be a while till we plaster because now we have to build the house around the pool before we finish the pool up. So it will just be a gunite shell for a while.

In the meantime is there anything I can do to make sure my gunite is well cared for and ready to accept plaster well when the time comes?

Water the shell to help with the curing. You can get timers and sprinklers to water when you are not there to do it. Try for 3 times a day for the first little while. See how fast it is soaking it up and go from there for how long to keep watering it.

Kim:kim:

Is it drinking the water right when it touches it when you hit is with the spray? If so then keep on going. If the water just rolls down then you can cut back on the watering. Better water and not need to then to need to and not do it.............

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.