Filter Balls

If you do a search here for filter balls, you will find they are mostly, if not all, negative stories. Sand filters stand the test of time for being effective and long lasting if maintained properly.

Reactions: underground260
I see.. I also read about glass media. Is sand still better?
Better is relative. If Better=trouble free, then yes, sand is better. Keep it simple. Glass, zeolite and other media sell a promise. We help solve issues these other media introduce. Go sand!

Generally pool maintenance is simple. Chlorine, acid, maybe some calcium for a plaster pool, salt for SWCG. We get more visitors because they want more, special, better etc. None of the more, better, special stuff really adds value, costs more, and introduces more problems than using the simple solution as intended…like sand in a sand filter.

How do you go about for doing a deep clean? Should I try to shift around the sane with a stick or something thanks.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.