FC at Zero today!

Keep vigilant in checking the FC. If you are around, mid day and mid afternoon are good times to check.

By raising the target level by 4 ppm, you will have everything to gain and nothing to lose (ok, ok, You’ll lose a $4 jug…. Big whoop. Lol). I’d aim high for now until you’re sure. :)

It appears I don't have a "CELL" light on, on the physical SWG out on the equipment pad.

My SWG and and ScreenLogic seem to think my Salt Level is 2600 (even tho my salt has been 3000 to 3400 since I turned it on). Is started at 3,400, and I'm now at 3,000.

If there are no lights on in the "CELL" section of the SWG, does that mean it is not on? The reason I ask , is that, even though my Salt level seems fine when I measure it with my Taylor Salt Kit (3,000), the SWG thinks the Salt is 2,600, and the CELL light is not on.

Or, perhaps is it just a bad unit that's broken?

I noticed that the cell light was on yesterday (Monday), but not today (Tuesday), and I noticed that my FC was much lower tonight than it was the last 2 nights, when I did my nightly test to try and fine tune it. I wonder if the SWG stopped running today. The last 3 FC tests (around 9pm every night) were Sunday 5.8, Monday 6.0, Tuesday 3.0, AND, Tuesday was much more overcast / cloudy for much of the day, and Sunday & Monday were bright and major warm and sunny.

Perhaps I just need to add some salt?

Last edited:
Update, it's 3:30am here, and I just added 60 pounds of pool salt and brushed the pool really good. I've read enough about SWG's here on TFP to know that often times the SWG might think the salt level is lower than it is, so I added more salt into the pool to see if somehow that gets the Cell light back on. Hopefully the SWG thinks it can run in the morning.

My Pump Runs 24/7. Should the Cell section of the SWG out on the equipment pad always have a Green Light, if the Cell is actually turned on and working?
It will but they all have a duty cycle, I believe the Pentairs were 180 minutes. It will be on for the first X% of that and off for the rest. If you catch it while it’s in it’s off cycle, the light is off as it’s not producing. But it’s still ‘on’.

You can test it by resetting the system. It will run the self check upon start up with red and green lights and then go right to producing for the first X% that you set.

Reactions: Newdude
Intellichlor has a 5 minute cycle. If set at 100%, it is on for 298 seconds of every 300 seconds
Thanks for filling in the details !! @nikolausp my point was that it’s real easy to happen to catch the SWG in its off cycle 40% (?) of the time under normal circumstances. It’s even easier if it’s off for a portion of every 5 mins and you only have to wait 2 mins for it to come back on. :)

Reactions: mknauss
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.