Ever wonder what biofilm looks like?

They didn't even try to haggle or talk me down. Got my full asking price. That's a first I'm pretty sure. I suspect they wanted new but were facing the covid delay dilemma. They drove over 1.5hr to look, brought their trailer with them, and went out for lunch while I drained it and got it ready to load. Took them all of 5 minutes to hand me an envelope full of $100 bills. :goodjob:

Start your next update with 'Are you ready for some BLING ???' And Kim will come running in before she realizes she's been tricked. But then be happy that you got her attention. (y)

OK gang, I started on that D1.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Leaks fixed, insulation in, cabinet on.
View attachment 169528View attachment 169529View attachment 169530
I also noticed that this control has the pre-2009 temp override, and will heat to 108* (ut-4).
View attachment 169531
That's a selling point to the right buyer. It truly amazes me that people could want it that high, I keep mine at 102*. 😁
Quick question on your rehab of this spa: after removing the closed-cell insulation that was blown-in originally, in order to access and repair the cracks, what sort of insulation did you use to replace it? Looks like standard wall insulation. Nice work and thanks.

@RDspaguy - just watched your video!
Congrats on the culmination of all your hard work!
I Have a couple questions...
Did u bring the tub up to temp & have it @ shock level during the purge?
Also I wonder if you could have still used a dab more Ahhsome to compensate for your hard water? As I usually get copious amounts of foam with minimum dosing for my volume & low ch water.
Also a tip for future purges- i use a fine mesh skim net to scoop the funk filled foam - it works pretty well as u aren’t “chasing” the funky bits & don’t have to touch them 🤢
Still need to wipe the sides as well but I find I don’t use so many paper towels.
Then when i have scooped most all the foam & it dissipates I then add another 1/2 dose & purge again. Sometimes the 1st purge comes out pretty clean but that second one - wowza! Here’s an example of one experience 👇
So I know this thread is old but have a question for you, you said after it was done you added another 1/2 dose.. was that in the same water or a refill?

Well, the trouble is that my phone broke my 1.5 hours or so of video into 4 parts and I can't seem to put them back together to then edit out some of the most boring stuff (it's all boring). I also can't figure out how to edit out pieces in the middle, it seems to only let me cut off from the start or end, but not out of the middle. I have never used a video editor, and am at the end of my patience with the ones I have tried. Perhaps it is because they were free trials, I don't know. But I am throwing in the towel. You aren't missing out on much, I assure you. ;)
I cannot really do you tube either, like you I am in the middle of nowhere.. I've a drone and have done some videos but the last one I put to Youtube was a 2 1/2 minute video, it took 53 hours to upload!!

• Haha
Reactions: Newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.