Emergency Pool Closing

Sep 22, 2016
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I’ve been working my tail off, and had to hire someone to close pool. He winterized lines, but never came back to treat water or put cover on pool. I have a ton of large trees around pool. I’ve scooped and scrubbed, but an uphill battle by myself. Pool looks awful, which is a travesty because I finally got a handle on it this season. I guess what I’m asking advice on, should I just cover it, deal with leaves in spring? Or should I clean more, add chemicals, then cover? Had a new concrete deck put in, so new anchors need to be installed for cover. I have all the equipment for that, but time is of the essence. I probably left something out, but I’d appreciate any advice. Thanks y’all.

Get the cover anchors installed and cover ready to go on, put some chlorine and Polyquat 60 into the water, scoop out as much of the leaves as you can which will stir the chemicals up, and cover the pool.

Thanks. That was my thought. Just need an extra set of hands for anchors. I’m handy with a rotary hammer drill, but when it’s your new pool deck...I guess no sense in testing water, since so outta whack with no circulation.

Thank you sir, I am. I bought a 3/16 actually to pilot 3/4. I was initially worried about creating more concrete dust, but I’m a bit, pardon the pun, neurotic.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.