Electric Heat Pump

Soy

Sep 6, 2020
Sheboygan, WI
I installed a 16 x 32 inground pool and chose to go with an electric heat pump and am now thinking I made a BIG mistake. All information I read said it was most economical to run...HOWEVER, my electric bills went from $98 a month year-round on budget to $178 a month, whereas my gas bills are only $58 a month. I am thinking of pulling the heat pump and having a gas heater installed. I live in Wisconsin and right now with the cool fall weather, I basically plan to stop heating the pool and closing it up. I did pay $12,000 (yes, that is thousand) for an automatic pool cover which keeps pool warmer and cleaner. I realize in summer electric is higher but I have compared to what I had been paying pre-pool and this comes to an extra $1200 a year. Yikes!

Also....FILTER PUMP....to try and cut electric costs, I scheduled my filter pump to run 3 times a day for 3 hours with an hour off in-between. Is that a good idea or will that cause added wear and tear with it going on and off 3 times a day. It had been running 7:00 am to 7:00 pm. Appreciate any advise....thanks.

OUCH on your power bills going up so much :shock:

Filter pump run-you want the pump to run long enough to max in any chemicals you add (at least 30 mins) and to keep your pool clear of debris which you should not have any of with the cover-SWEET!

Kim:kim:

I would have killed for $80 a month. Mine was $600-$800 a month without the cover which quickly forced us to get a solar cover where it dropped to $300-$400 a month.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.