Marianah

Nov 23, 2023
Spring, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hello! We are in the process of building our pool. Our plaster will be PebbleSheen Blue Granite. Under the grotto and the in-pool table, there are small ledges that I’d like to add edge tile to avoid stubbed toes. I love the look of these 1x1 glass tiles and was thinking of doing them every 6 inches as shown in my attached image with my green paper squares. The pool designer is suggesting a larger tile (2x2) for the edge markers because 1x1 tiles in PebbleSheen at 3ft underwater will be difficult to see. But I think the scale of 2x2 tiles looks too chunky for edge markers. I’ve seen lots of pics using full stripes of 1x1 tiles to mark edges, and I do like this look. Maybe this is the best bet?

Does anyone have any experience and pictures using small glass tiles as edge markers in PebbleTec? I’ve had trouble finding images of similar combinations online.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG_9951.jpeg
    IMG_9951.jpeg
    728.2 KB · Views: 25
Welcome to TFP.

Depends on the color and contrast of the 1x1 tiles you use as edge markers.

I don't think the blue tiles will give you the contrast needed to be highly visible to someone not wearing their glasses.

You need a large color contrast for edge tiles.

1700756238313.png

1700756087484.png

1700756101754.png

Reactions: Marianah
Reactions: Marianah
That is my number one favorite tile!!! I love the color and the bling factor!

What I would do is get the same thing except in WHITE...........say what??? Look here: MTOD0060 Classic 1X1 Stacked Squares Iridescent Frost White Glossy Glass Mosaic Tile You have the bling and the contrast Allen is talking about.

You can do single tiles or you can do 4 and turn them on their corner to make them stand out even more.
@ajw22 Thanks for all the tips and mentioning contrast!

There are warm copper tones in the grotto stone, and we are doing a copper outdoor shower, so maybe a stripe of something like this tile? To get the blue PebbleSheen/smooth copper contrast and a little shine?

@kimkats I love this suggestion! Our decking is a creamy travertine with similar tones.

Thanks all for the help, I have so many new ideas!

Attachments

• IMG_9940.jpeg
    IMG_9940.jpeg
    711.7 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9852.jpeg
    IMG_9852.jpeg
    405.8 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_9832.jpeg
    IMG_9832.jpeg
    478.4 KB · Views: 19
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.