EasyTouch8 Valve A/B

Conman585

Jul 4, 2020
Midlothian, TX
Hello, I’ve already learned so much from the PoolSchool articles and searching through this forum but I couldn’t find the answer to this particular question.

Background: I’m trying to automate two water features (beach fountain and spa fountain) so that my wife doesn’t have to walk over to the equipment pad to turn each of the features’ corresponding valves. She likes to turn these on when she brings our kids out to swim. I’d like to make it easier for her by means of pushing a single button on our Easytouch8 indoor controller.
My plan is to install an additional relay to take advantage of the Aux-Extra (Aux10) button because all of our other aux buttons are being used for pumps/lights/blower. I’d like to use this new AuxEx circuit (name TBD) to increase my VS pump rpm and also turn a valve actuator (which I’ll need to install in place of the manual valves) for each corresponding feature mentioned above through the use of “Valve A” and “Valve B”. I feel comfortable with the labor of installing the valves and the associated wiring however my two main questions are:
1. Can Valve A and Valve B be assigned to
the same circuit function?? to turn at the same time whenever that circuit is activated by pushing AuxEx?
2. Is it ok to mount a valve actuator vertically? See purple circles in my picture?? Seems all the valve actuators I’ve seen are always parallel to the ground.

More info: I don’t have solar heating and both valves A and B are not being used for anything right now.

Attachments

• 6315E937-101F-4854-AE8E-9B1B6DCBAC0C.jpeg
    6315E937-101F-4854-AE8E-9B1B6DCBAC0C.jpeg
    282.6 KB · Views: 6

If your plan is to turn them on from your remote, it would make more sense to use Feature Circuits.. This way would could turn them on one at a time if wanted.

I know you can assign both Valve A and B to the same circuit, so assume they will both work at the same time, but I have never actually tried it.

Actuators will work on vertical valves just fine.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim, thanks for the quick response. I like the feature circuit idea. At first I wanted to make it a “1 button” thing for my wife but I think she’ll figure out the feature circuit page with enough practice. Based on some of your previous posts, feature circuits are how I set up my “high speed” and “spillway”.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.