Easytouch stuck in Service mode

Dougk

Feb 5, 2022
Oregon
Hi, everything’s been working fine this summer but today my pool guy put the system into Service mode and it won’t come out. Pressing the “mode” button does nothing (normally it toggles between Auto and Service). In fact, pressing any button does nothing. We tried shutting the power off but it just comes back into Service mode and we can’t reset anything. My Screenlogic app says “Outdoor Panel in Service Mode”. Also pressing the Reset button on the panel does nothing. Any advice to get us back up? Thanks!

Last edited:
If the button is broken you can short the button with a small piece of wire... you may have to note which button it is and do it from the backside of the board.

The tactile buttons on the boards have 2 pairs of legs (4 legs total). The top two legs are a continuous piece of metal, as are the bottom 2 legs... so if you connect either of the top 2 legs to the bottom 2 you will "press" the button.

the following image is an intellitouch indoor - not an easytouch - but the buttons are the same. The yellow lines show the internal connection of the button, and the red loop is the jumper you would use to momentarily close the button
short_a_button.jpg

if that doesn't work, scrape/clean the legs and try it again... if it still doesn't work then something else is wrong

Reactions: guinness
Wow, that may have worked. It switched to Timeout mode which I think means it will revert to Auto in three hours. If that’s true, is it the switch that’s bad? Should I replace the whole circuit board?

Wow, that may have worked. It switched to Timeout mode which I think means it will revert to Auto in three hours. If that’s true, is it the switch that’s bad? Should I replace the whole circuit board?
If you jump it again it should change from Timeout to Auto.

The button cycles through the settings - AUTO - SERVICE - TIMEOUT

Reactions: Dougk
You should be able to replace the button if you can find the right part.

It looks like a tactile switch by E-Switch. This spec sheet has the details.

Maybe Tom can provide some input on which replacement switch to use.
TL3301PF160QG.JPG

Reactions: ogdento and Dougk
Hey @guinness I tried those same E-switches! They work great but were just a bit too wide (10mm) for the pads on the board... I switched to a C&K part that's only 9mm wide and they fit much better. Got em from mouser: https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/611-PTS645SM95SMTR92
(the datasheet shows through-hole switches, but just scroll down to decode the surface mount part number and find the dimensions https://www.mouser.com/datasheet/2/60/pts645-1841767.pdf)

You can probably use any 4-pin tactile switch that you have laying around (as long as the shaft is the right length)... I've doctored the pins on a through-hole switch to make a ghetto "surface mount" bit in a pinch :oops:

• Love
Reactions: Dougk and guinness
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.