EasyTouch Automation + Heater Control - what's the level of control with EasyTouch Automation?

Frangeech

Jul 14, 2019
Jersey Shore
In a few weeks I am going to modernize my pool equipment, as you can see by the details listed in my signature the equipment I am currently running is a bit dated. Fully functional as in getting the job done yes, but I want to reap the benefits of automation and a SWG. Well that is with the exception of the heater.

So...

I have picked up an EasyTouch automation system with SWG and an Intelliflo pump. The only piece I have yet to get is a new heater - from my research here on TFP I see that the Raypak is hands down the defacto standard of go-to heaters.

Now this isn't another which heater should I go with kinda thread. But rather a thread on heater automation integration feature/functionality focused.

In some threads asking for heater recommendations I have seen mention that "any" heater will work with most modern automation systems, however they won't have the same integration as a heater from the same manufacturer as that of the automation system. ie: EasyTouch automation + MasterTemp heater -vs- EasyTouch automation + RayPak heater..

For my use case, having the EasyTouch automation and a Raypak heater, what feature/functionality would I be missing as opposed to going with a Pentair heater? The only thing that I can logically guess is the ability to adjust temperature? Or is there something else I'm missing?

If it is just a case of temperature adjustment that leads me to question - how often are people adjusting their heater temperatures?

The extent of the EasyTouch automation to "control" a heater is basically to turn it on and off (as you guessed). It also has the ability to maintain a temp (thermostat). That is pretty much it. And yes, you are right, most of the time, you are setting a temp and that's it. Except in the case of a hot tub where you may want or need to fine tune a temp for personal preference.

In the case of the EasyTouch, the control or "integration" of the heater will be the same be it the Raypak, or the Pentair/Sta-Rite heater.

The extent of the EasyTouch automation to "control" a heater is basically to turn it on and off (as you guessed). It also has the ability to maintain a temp (thermostat). That is pretty much it. And yes, you are right, most of the time, you are setting a temp and that's it. Except in the case of a hot tub where you may want or need to fine tune a temp for personal preference.

In the case of the EasyTouch, the control or "integration" of the heater will be the same be it the Raypak, or the Pentair/Sta-Rite heater.

Thanks for validating my thinking. I had a feeling that was the case but wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.