Dual Heaters with IntelliCenter-can it be done?

TonyR68

Bronze Supporter
Apr 22, 2021
Dunwoody, GA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Hi All,

Firstly, I must thank TFP. Through the wealth on information provided, I was able to completely install the IntelliCenter Control System. Thank you.

I'm currently upgrading my equipment to be prepared for a planned installation of a Spa in a few months time. to date I've replaced the 1HP pump with the IntelliFlo 3HP VSF and now the automation is installed, replacing the mechanical timer. Next will be the filter and the Heater. For the heater, I currently have a Jandy EE-ti (E3000) heat pump and plan to install the Mastertemp 400. Since I have the heat pump - and after 8 years it is still working (with the right ambient temperature :) ), is it worth keeping the heat pump and just adding the Gas Heater?
Is it possible that the IntelliCenter can be setup to initially heat up the pool with the gas heater, maintain temperature in the pool using the Heat Pump, and use the Gas Heater for the Spa? I've read what I could find on TFP, especially the extreme details provided by MyAZPool, but could not get clarity on this.
Generally, will I benefit by having both heat sources, or is it more complicated to setup/manage a dual heater environment than the benefit?
Does the fact that I have a Jandy Heat Pump complicate the installation?

Lastly, what is EHTR on the IntelliCenter used for? there is very little information on this and not sure if I could/should use this terminal on the motherboard for the Heat Pump.

Thank you again for the information and support provided.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.