Dripping deck jet heads...

AtlJim965

Dec 30, 2019
Conyers, GA
LONG story short, I've had to pull up some of the concrete decking to repair/replace plumbing issues.
I figured since I had it torn up, I'd go ahead and add 3 deck jets on their own separate control valves.
I went ahead and added the new plumbing and it works fine.
My issue is that I ordered and received 4 (I wanted an extra one just in case) deck jet assemblies off of Amazon. They are plastic housings and plastic jet heads.
After installing all 3, I noticed that all of them drip slightly at the ball joint of the head.
I have some brass heads and tried them instead. Same thing happens, in the same area.
I used teflon tape, so it's not leaking on the threaded portion, just adding the ball joint of the head.
Any ideas, suggestions, recommendations??
Thanks!
Jim

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
Your water should be off using a valve before the deck jets. Is that valve leaking? Or is this leak during the operation of the deck jet?

Your water should be off using a valve before the deck jets. Is that valve leaking? Or is this leak during the operation of the deck jet?
So during the operation of the jet? Is there a retaining ring around the swivel that can be tightened?

As I mentioned in my post,I have three different types of heads.
The complete fixture came with plastic heads, which have pop-on heads - no way to tighten them.
I also had two different types of brass heads. One had the ability to tighten down on the ball joint, the other doesn't. The one that I can tighten down, DOES have a gasket in there.
All three leak at the ball joint of the head, even tightened down as much as i can get them tightened. IMG_20230529_120606.jpg

Sounds like a design flaw. Assuming they are only leaking while in operation, is it a problem volume wise? Most deck jets are not used for very long or very often.

Might look at getting a different brand of jet. Hayward Deck Jet 500 is one to look at.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.