DONE with Pool Store and floc-HELP please!

TDY05

Jun 4, 2019
Caruthersville,Mo
We are having a horrible time getting our pool water clear. We started last Wednesday on getting the PH and Alkalinity where it needed to be so we could shock it.

Our pool place told us to use 5lbs of shock for our 33,000 gallon pool, so we used 8lbs because last year what they told us to use, did not work and we needed more and just ended up spending more money on shock. Well, we shocked it and it turned blue but cloudy even after running the filter all night and day.

There was also still some green algae floating on the pool and getting in the skimmers so we shocked it again with 5 more pounds of shock.

Ran the filter like we should and it was still cloudy after a day of no changing at all.

Just for reference, our cover has tears in it from a couple of years ago so we didnt cover our pool this past winter nor did we last year. We vacuumed as much as we could without being able to see.

We decided to use flocculant like we did last year, which was the only way we could get it to clear up then. We did what the directions said and the next morning nothing.

Well, I vacuumed again, also took a leaf net and got lots more leaves out and even found a brick in the pool. So, we shocked it again since we got more leaves, algae and a brick out which was probably all taking up some chlorine that was not being allowed to kill the algae. We even ran our robot to make sure there was no little areas we didn't get and it did pick up quite a bit of junk about 3 times and then after that, it basically wasnt picking up anything, so we went to the pool place and told them what was going on and all of our levels are fine and have been since we started using the flocculant. They couldn't believe the flocculant wouldn't work and even told us to try again. So, we tried it again and of course, it did nothing.

So now, I want to just get the flocc out of my pool, stop taking my pool store's advice and follow TFP advice! Please help me!

I want to know what to do now. I know you dont recommend flocc, as I'm sure I wont be using anymore. I just would like to know what to do right now and for the next few days to try to get my pool clear.

Everything is balanced and where it should be. Although, I have found a few small pieces of green algae in the skimmers and wondered if it was all actually dead or not.

Also, our pool filter has put out sand twice when turning back to filter after backwashing, but it does not put anymore out after that while its working. It never did that before. We have a salt water pool but have not added the needed salt yet until we get it cleared up. My husband and I are fed up with the pool store and our pool right now. Please HELP!

Lets get this pool clearing party started!!! The rules to this party is:
-NO more Pool $tore or floc from now on.
-Get a good test kit. Here is link to show you the different ones we use Test Kits Compared - Trouble Free Pool I will tell you the TF-100 XL is really what you need the most due to having algae. The others you might end up running out of regents.
-NO more powdered shock or tablets-they add extra stuff to your pool that can only be reduced by draining and replacing some of your water.
-Fill in your signature with your pool kind (in or above ground, size in gals, what kind of filter (sand, cartridge, DE) any special features it might have. Click on your user name at the upper right hand corner. You will see "signature". Follow that to fill out your own

As soon I know your pool size (gals) I will tell you how much liquid chlorine to use each day until your test kit gets there.

We got this! Together with us and your test kit your pool will look better than it has ever looked AND be oh so easy to take care of!

While you are waiting for you test kit you can also start reading this: ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry - Trouble Free Pool

Kim:kim:

• Haha
Reactions: justinc
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.