Dolphin Active 30 cleaning problems

jmo2k3

Jul 6, 2020
tigercat701
New Pool Owner and Active 30 owner here. After powerwashing the cement around the pool, the pool was quite dirty. I had the Dolphin run about 3 or 4 cycles (with the filter ending up with a small amount of sand in it after every cleaning) and the pool still looked like the below with dirt along the seams / angles / corners of the deep end, that it was unable to pick up. It did well everywhere else, but left the annoying dirt "lines" shown below.

Seems to defeat the purpose of having a robot to begin with. For context, I have the fine and ultra fine filter upgrade pictured below at the recommendation of this forum. Any thoughts / advice?

Thanks for the help!

IMG_7104.jpgIMG_1640.jpg

Those angles would be hard for any cleaner. The Dolphin is likely going going over it but if it can’t get exactly on it, the suction may not be enough.

This is one of those occasions where you just have to accept that some “old school” pool tools are required - a brush, a leaf net, and, yes, a manual vacuum head. I have all three AND a robot and I use them all. This is “trouble” free pools dot com after all, not “maintenance” free pools dot com 😉

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.