Doing a renovation of my pool, trying to figure out what automation I should get

ibjames31

Mar 5, 2021
Hello,

I have a pool with spa, no automation, no solar. I just upgraded my pump to a multispeed pentair pump, and will be adding solar, salt cell and automation. Since I'm getting my pool resurfaced I had a consultant say we can control our landscape lighting with our pentair system so it's adjustable via my phone. I currently do not have landscape lighting, so that is open.

My questions.
1. I'll have a pool pump, pool light, spa light, waterfall, solar heating and gas heater and associated diverters for pool/spa/waterfall
2. I'd like to potentially have lighting around the pool be the same color for the pool/spa and landscape around the pool (would this be expensive?)
3. I think I'll just have regular landscape lighting around the rest of the yard, not sure if it needs to be controlled by the pentair
What automation controller should I get? I'm trying to make sure it has options and isn't maxed out in case I want to add something in the future but don't want to overbuy.

How do I get all the lights to sync for pool/spa/landscape lights around the pool?

James,

I just upgraded my pump to a multispeed pentair pump

Did you upgrade to an IntelliFlo or SuperFlo VS??? It makes a huge difference depending on what pump you now have...

I'll have a pool pump, pool light, spa light, waterfall, solar heating and gas heater and associated diverters for pool/spa/waterfall
The Stock IntelliCenter can control all of these things.. Since you want to have a SWCG, then it makes the most sense to get the package deal.. This comes with the IntelliCenter, built-in SWCG power center, the IC40 or IC60 salt cell and two valve actuators.. you would have to buy another actuator for your waterfall...

I'd like to potentially have lighting around the pool be the same color for the pool/spa and landscape around the pool (would this be expensive?)

The IntelliCenter can do that and yes, it will be expensive.. almost like buying pool and spa lights.

I think I'll just have regular landscape lighting around the rest of the yard, not sure if it needs to be controlled by the pentair

You can, if you want, have the IntelliCenter control your standard landscape lights.. (turn them on or off).

Here is a link just for reference...

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.