Doheny's Discovey vs Dolphin Quantum

Welcome Dave!

I'm not sure, but our Moderator poolDV does. He knows everything there is to know about these cleaners, and I'm sure he will be along shortly.

You'll love a Robot though, that is almost certain. Hope you enjoy the forum. :goodjob:

The quantum and discovery were released during 2016

As far as I can tell ............
The Quantum is nearer a relative to the Dolphin S300 in features
The Discovery is nearer a relative to the Dolphin Nautilus or Nautilus Plus in features

here is a review of the quantum from a TFPer
Maytronics Dolphin Quantum / s300 / s300i

Here is one for the Discovery
First Robotic Cleaner, Doheny's Discovery

Plenty of information about these cleaners in both threads.

The Discovery is the same as the s200 and the Dolphin Triton. The S300 is the same as the Triton Plus, Doheny's doesn't have an S300 version.

The Quantum looks to me like an updated S200/Discovery/Triton. The thing that differentiates S200 vs S300 is Bluetooth control and programming options. They are the same cleaner.

The quantum looks to have updated programming for more complete pool coverage, but that isn't a problem with mine. It also looks to be lighter and more energy efficient, also not an issue with mine. I would buy the Discovery and save the 200 bucks.

The Discovery is the same as the s200 and the Dolphin Triton. The S300 is the same as the Triton Plus, Doheny's doesn't have an S300 version.

The Quantum looks to me like an updated S200/Discovery/Triton. The thing that differentiates S200 vs S300 is Bluetooth control and programming options. They are the same cleaner.

The quantum looks to have updated programming for more complete pool coverage, but that isn't a problem with mine. It also looks to be lighter and more energy efficient, also not an issue with mine. I would buy the Discovery and save the 200 bucks.

After doing a little research, I'm going to side with you. This Quantum is a re-skinned S200 , Active 20, Doheny Discovery and triton Plus. I'm going one step further and saying that there is no new programming, or new features. All that is new is probably a new employee in the marketing department with fresh degree in English lit. Big words like 3d jets and Nav 2.0 don'the fool me. Get the cheapest itteration of these cleaners that you can find (that $499 refurbished Active 20 comes to mind) and enjoy.

Mine is "Certified Pre-Owned" not merely refurbished!

KS could be right. They clearly do spend a lot of time marketing them.

I'd pay $100-$200 more for a third brush but not the items discussed.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
LOL!! No doubt! Their motivation is to try to protect multiple sales channels while only having to make a few different products. A good plan if it works. But, difficult for those of us trying to decipher it!

I'm no Apple fanboy but Dolphin could learn a thing or two from them in terms of simplifying their product line. My head hurts from trying to understand all the models and lines.

Agree 100%. way too many different models and most of them are near duplicates. Also very hard to tell which is the latest models.

After doing a little research, I'm going to side with you. This Quantum is a re-skinned S200 , Active 20, Doheny Discovery and triton Plus. I'm going one step further and saying that there is no new programming, or new features. All that is new is probably a new employee in the marketing department with fresh degree in English lit. Big words like 3d jets and Nav 2.0 don'the fool me. Get the cheapest itteration of these cleaners that you can find (that $499 refurbished Active 20 comes to mind) and enjoy.
Where did you find active 20 for 499?

Last spring poolpartz.com had that deal on a refurb. It is $699 currently.

Though I certainly wouldn’t buy a refurb for $699 when the Discovery (same robot) is $720 at doheny.com.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.