Does Intex pool 8*30 worth it?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The "big" paper filter one that came with my pool was plenty and I used it two years, well I cut off the paper filter and used a 175# sand filter

Wow, now that's dedication.

We succumbed to buying new filters, till we had 6 leftovers (because I didn't throw them away) and I started washing them. The ex had probably tossed at least 4 by then. Eventually discovered TFP and a couple seasons later moved to a sand filter. My life became less wet every few days (spraying those out is the worst) and tedious. OK, life became dry.

The "big" paper filter one that came with my pool was plenty and I used it two years, well I cut off the paper filter and used a 175# sand filter
That little pump pushed through a sand filter? wow! I never thought of that. The other day when I thought I burnt up my pump I was ready to dig out that toy pump and filter that came with the pool and use it to keep the water circulating until I could get a new "big" pump.

Yeah it's the one that comes with the 24' Intex, roughly .4 hp and would go 7 to 12 psi or something like that.

The pump I used before was 1/3hp and would go 5 to 10 psi (or close to it).

For general circulation you don't need much, look at all the people with vsp running on a low speed they are basically derating the hp. The problem with low hp single speed is vacuuming, but a robot takes care of that.

Reactions: Pv2
What would be a good temperature for swimming healing

Not sure what you mean by healing, but as far as water temperatures go, I find 80 degrees Fahrenheit or more the most enjoyable for swimming although others prefer lower. I was in my pool yesterday brushing the walls when the water temperature was only 72 degrees and I was perfectly fine once my body adjusted. For kids swimming, I consider this too low, though. I was in direct sun doing manual labor which is likely why I was comfortable. Get a solar cover as well to help with maintaining and/or increasing water temperature and controlling evaporation.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.