Does Hayward Omni Logic offer a load shed with a whole house generator?

mgarf33

Oct 27, 2013
I have a customer with a new pool and Hayward Omni Logic. We are bidding a job to install a whole house generator for them, 22kW. They have a huge 90A circuit supplying the pool and hot tub equipment alone being fed from the main panel. They want to keep the pump up and running, and I'm sure they don't want it disconnected from the Logic controller. So, obviously we don't want to support the full pool equipment load on generator power.
Anyone deal with this before? Is there a simple solution?

How are you going to handle the main panel load shedding?

Unfortunately there's not a simple solution. As far as I know the Omnilogic doesn't offer a load shed capability.

One thing you may be able do is create a "Gen Power" program in the Omnilogic that would only run the pump(s) on a set schedule. However unless you could figure out a way to provide some input (maybe through the "Interlock" input) they'd have to run that program manually once the genny started.

If the pump is the only thing in the pool equipment that you need to run, You could use a pair of relays wired just to the pump. One to disconnect the pump from the Omnilogic and the other to use like a standard motor starter to start and stop the pump. You could even set a timer to start and stop the pump.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.