Do you have to shock a Salt water pool?

No. Not if you are following TFPC. Do you test your own water? Follow [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA].

Not true. In fact, no pool "needs" to be shocked weekly if it's maintained properly and consistently as seen on the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA]. Now if a pool gets algae, cloudy, or something to indicate a problem, we may do a process we call a SLAM Process, but that's not a pool store weekend gimmick. It's performed accurately until 3 criteria are met.

Yeah .. I test my water. I follow the FC/CYA chart. I was just making sure. It was a pool store. They told me there was no way to keep my pool sanitary without shocking.

You think maybe they have a lot of shock in inventory and want to move it?

Yeah .. I test my water. I follow the FC/CYA chart. I was just making sure. It was a pool store. They told me there was no way to keep my pool sanitary without shocking.
We find that many times pool store employees primary goal is to sell stuff, not necessarily get your pool in perfect condition. As to whether that is because of improper training, lack of knowledge or just to sell stuff I will leave up to you. While you would think that a "professional" would be the best, unfortunately in most cases it is quite the opposite.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.