What am I doing wrong?

JGlover74

May 26, 2024
Houston
Everything was going great until it got warm and now I am battling green cloudy water even though my numbers are good and I probably have enough chlorine to kill a horse.
It felt like I was winning until the storm last week and then it turned green again. On top of running the SWG and adding liquid bleach, I have put 2lbs of Chlorox shock in over the past 3 days and I brush 2-3 times a day.

I took a sample to the pool store where they have the laboratory version of a Taylor kit and even they were stumped and advised shocking and maybe treat for phosphates.

TF-100 Readings as of this afternoon
FC 13
CC 05
TA 155
CYA 60

Digital Meter Reading
pH 7.5
Salt 3070

I am about ready to just drag this thing out to the curb...

Attachments

• IMG_9077.jpg
    IMG_9077.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 6
Welcome to the forum!
You have a great test kit. Use it. Do not go to pool stores.
Follow the SLAM Process. Raise your FC to SLAM level FC based on your CYA. Maintain that until you pass the three criteria.
I suggest you read through Pool Care Basics - Trouble Free Pool and even look at a few of our videos TFP-TV - Trouble Free Pool
I assumed I was at SLAM levels being that my FC was 3x the recommended FC levels. I had to read several of the articles to realize that for SLAM the FC needs to be 40% of CYA.
I just dumped in the recommended gallon of liquid chlorine and we will see where it goes from here.