texaschris

Jan 19, 2021
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, restarting my pool after a hard freeze and pumps off for 6 days. No damage to the pool. House is another story... Bringing the water chemistry back into balance, my FC was 0.5 yesterday. Brought it up to 3.0 today. I didn’t test CC until today, it’s 1.0. PH has held pretty steady at 7.4. Pool is clear. Don’t think I need to SLAM but figured I’d check. Am I alright just bringing the water back into balance and taking care of it like normal?

Jimrahbe

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 7, 2014
Bedford, TX
Chris,

I agree with Marty, but...

You never said what your CYA level is, so there is no way for us to know if your 3 ppm of FC is correct or not???

Where do you normally keep your FC and CYA levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.

texaschris

Jan 19, 2021
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Chris,

I agree with Marty, but...

You never said what your CYA level is, so there is no way for us to know if your 3 ppm of FC is correct or not???

Where do you normally keep your FC and CYA levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry! I am learning how to use the forum + pool math and wasn’t sure if it would just stick my latest log in my signature but looks it’s in my profile. My CYA was just a hair off the 30 on my Taylor kit, so around 32. It’s a new pool (1 month) and the builder put pucks in the chlorinator so I’m letting those slowly bring the CYA up to 45 before I switch to exclusively bleach.

Based on my CYA I’m targeting my FC at 4-6. I’ll get it back there via bleach and maintain it with the chlorinator. Adjusting periodically for CYA rise.

Newdude

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 16, 2019
NY
Hey TC and welcome !!
My CYA was just a hair off the 30 on my Taylor kit, so around 32. It’s a new pool (1 month) and the builder put pucks in the chlorinator so I’m letting those slowly bring the CYA up to 45 before I switch to exclusively bleach.
There are no individual #s, just 10s that round up because our brains aren't smart enough to see the logarithmic scale. A little over 30 counts as a 40, and so on. But you're doing awesome so keep at it !!

mguzzy

Gold Supporter
Hey TC and welcome !!

There are no individual #s, just 10s that round up because our brains aren't smart enough to see the logarithmic scale. A little over 30 counts as a 40, and so on. But you're doing awesome so keep at it !!
I do, I do... I can see a logarithmic scale!.. ;) but I still round up..that's the standard by which we communicate our test results around here!

Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.