texaschris

Jan 19, 2021
Houston, Texas
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi all, restarting my pool after a hard freeze and pumps off for 6 days. No damage to the pool. House is another story... Bringing the water chemistry back into balance, my FC was 0.5 yesterday. Brought it up to 3.0 today. I didn’t test CC until today, it’s 1.0. PH has held pretty steady at 7.4. Pool is clear. Don’t think I need to SLAM but figured I’d check. Am I alright just bringing the water back into balance and taking care of it like normal?

Chris,

I agree with Marty, but...

You never said what your CYA level is, so there is no way for us to know if your 3 ppm of FC is correct or not???

Where do you normally keep your FC and CYA levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Chris,

I agree with Marty, but...

You never said what your CYA level is, so there is no way for us to know if your 3 ppm of FC is correct or not???

Where do you normally keep your FC and CYA levels?

Thanks,

Jim R.
Sorry! I am learning how to use the forum + pool math and wasn’t sure if it would just stick my latest log in my signature but looks it’s in my profile. My CYA was just a hair off the 30 on my Taylor kit, so around 32. It’s a new pool (1 month) and the builder put pucks in the chlorinator so I’m letting those slowly bring the CYA up to 45 before I switch to exclusively bleach.

Based on my CYA I’m targeting my FC at 4-6. I’ll get it back there via bleach and maintain it with the chlorinator. Adjusting periodically for CYA rise.

Hey TC and welcome !!
My CYA was just a hair off the 30 on my Taylor kit, so around 32. It’s a new pool (1 month) and the builder put pucks in the chlorinator so I’m letting those slowly bring the CYA up to 45 before I switch to exclusively bleach.
There are no individual #s, just 10s that round up because our brains aren't smart enough to see the logarithmic scale. A little over 30 counts as a 40, and so on. But you're doing awesome so keep at it !!

Hey TC and welcome !!

There are no individual #s, just 10s that round up because our brains aren't smart enough to see the logarithmic scale. A little over 30 counts as a 40, and so on. But you're doing awesome so keep at it !!
I do, I do... I can see a logarithmic scale!.. ;) but I still round up..that's the standard by which we communicate our test results around here!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.