Do I need to buy test kit, and which kit to buy???

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I live in Northern Ontario, Canada.

We had a 14 foot round Coleman pool for the last 5 years or so, and I have used the HTH 6 way test strips and liquid bleach, I would add CYA at start of each season based on pool math and I would do an adjustment to PH at start of year. I also would add an algicide every week. Never had any issue with water quality that I know of.

Now, we are buying a 21 foot round AGP.

Should I buy a test kit instead of the 6 way strips?

Also, I am confused as to what kit to buy........keep in mind I am in Canada.

Thanks

woodyp

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Apr 17, 2010
East Texas

That should answer a lot of your questions. The Tf-100 is not available in Canada.

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
Well I can get the Taylor K2006C kit for $242.00 canadian......is this the one to get???? I will buy now or is the TF 100 better???

Thanks

mknauss

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
Bronze Supporter
May 3, 2014
Laughlin, NV
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Are these basically the same thing?
Test Kits Compared

The TF100 comes with reagent amounts sized more appropriately for a residential pool.

The company cannot ship direct to Canada.

As the border is closed, it is more difficult for you to cross over the border and use a mail drop service in the US. There may be other package forwarding services.

There was a member that lives in Barrie that travels to the US often as an essential worker offering to transport kits/reagents back. But you live a long way from Barrie.

Reactions: 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , There was no answer in this thread for more than 60 days.
It can take a long time to get an up-to-date response or contact with relevant users.