Do I need to buy test kit, and which kit to buy???

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
I live in Northern Ontario, Canada.

We had a 14 foot round Coleman pool for the last 5 years or so, and I have used the HTH 6 way test strips and liquid bleach, I would add CYA at start of each season based on pool math and I would do an adjustment to PH at start of year. I also would add an algicide every week. Never had any issue with water quality that I know of.

Now, we are buying a 21 foot round AGP.

Should I buy a test kit instead of the 6 way strips?

Also, I am confused as to what kit to buy........keep in mind I am in Canada.

Thanks

Are these basically the same thing?
Test Kits Compared

The TF100 comes with reagent amounts sized more appropriately for a residential pool.

The company cannot ship direct to Canada.

As the border is closed, it is more difficult for you to cross over the border and use a mail drop service in the US. There may be other package forwarding services.

There was a member that lives in Barrie that travels to the US often as an essential worker offering to transport kits/reagents back. But you live a long way from Barrie.

Reactions: 67mike
Test Kits Compared

The TF100 comes with reagent amounts sized more appropriately for a residential pool.

The company cannot ship direct to Canada.

As the border is closed, it is more difficult for you to cross over the border and use a mail drop service in the US. There may be other package forwarding services.
Thank you. Buying Taylor kit. Have a great day!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.