Do I need this bottom part for my stairs?

MitchRyan912

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 21, 2015
Madison, WI
36B0BAD3-BB8C-4C92-858D-D2250447DA4C.jpg

Our last liner had one heck of a divot due to the white part of our stairs (below for close up):

96D4B7AF-553B-45BD-A574-C0DD6CB543FE.jpg

And our new liner already has one. It looks like this white piece of plastic is removable. Can this be removed so it doesn’t punch a hole in our liner? Is there something else than can be used to prevent a hole in the liner?

Those look to be for a plaster pool as that part of the pole is what will help hold everything steady by being inserted in the plaster. Without it there will be a LOT of movement and the steps may slide out and off the pole due to the movement. I bet that pole does do a number on the liner. I would look into getting different steps. We have and love these: Finest Wedding Cake Step - NE100BL - INYOPools.com I bet you could make them work in your pool. The bottom is a cushioned part that protects your liner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.