Redlands, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
We just had several Cypress trees removed from around our pool. They did a decent job, but during the process, they lost control of one of the big pieces they were going to lower via rope and dropped it on our pool side. It hit right at a grout joint and broke the corners off of two pieces. I found the corner piece from one and parts of the second (it appears to have been pretty pulverized). It also broke of a couple pieces of tile ( I have several spares). What would be the best way to get this repaired. I'm thinking of having them replace both pieces if possible.

Our pool was built in 1987 and was re-plastered/retiled in 2011. The original paper work called it Safety Grip 17, white.

I already spoke to one local company that does refits and repairs and they don't want anything to do with it unless we want to replace it all and re-plaster.

Attachments

• 20230918_161544.jpg
    20230918_161544.jpg
    522.6 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230918_161610.jpg
    20230918_161610.jpg
    691.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20230918_161602.jpg
    20230918_161602.jpg
    553.3 KB · Views: 16
We just had several Cypress trees removed from around our pool. They did a decent job, but during the process, they lost control of one of the big pieces they were going to lower via rope and dropped it on our pool side. It hit right at a grout joint and broke the corners off of two pieces. I found the corner piece from one and parts of the second (it appears to have been pretty pulverized). It also broke of a couple pieces of tile ( I have several spares). What would be the best way to get this repaired. I'm thinking of having them replace both pieces if possible.

Our pool was built in 1987 and was re-plastered/retiled in 2011. The original paper work called it Safety Grip 17, white.

I already spoke to one local company that does refits and repairs and they don't want anything to do with it unless we want to replace it all and re-plaster.
The tile is easy enough but the coping may be hard to find replacements that match. Now that I think of it, finding tile from 30 years ago might be tough too. Does the tree contractor have insurance? Probably $15k in damage to replace tile and coping.

Nothing can be done to repair the coping that will perfectly match in color due to age and sun exposure.
A patch will be hard to adhere and stay in place once any force is applied to that area.
Replacement of the two effective pieces would have the best longevity.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.