Did I make a good choice???

67mike

Jul 14, 2015
Canada
We are new to this. Will be installing a 21 foot round AGP shortly.

Buying supplies now, as they are selling out.

Was tossing and turning all night about what vacuum to buy.....I ended up buying this: Zodiac Kontiki Automatic Pool Cleaner | Pool Supplies Canada.

I have bought a 1.5 hp two stage pump and a 160 sqft Cartridge filter. Bought heavy skimmer socks as well.

I also bought a manual vacuum head.

Is this good choice or did I screw up?

Thanks

That looks like a suction side cleaner, which is fine, although it may not work very well when you run your pump at the low speed. It may not have enough suction in that scenario. Your best option, if you can afford it, may be a robot like the Dolphin S200. It runs independently from the pool system. You plug it in, drop it in the pool and come back in 2 hours when its finished. Then you simply pull it out, hose out the basket and put it away until next time. It's quite a bit more than the one you got, but it would allow you to run your pool pump at the low speed most of the time which could save a lot on electricity.

I have had that type of cleaner, and since you have 1.5 hp it should work on the low setting as well. They are fine for light debris, but what I found is if you have trees that drop things like acorns they will get stuck in the throat of the cleaner and it will stop moving. Then you have to turn off the pump to unclog it. I had an oak tree over hanging my pool so whenever I ran my cleaner I had to baby sit it to keep it running. I had a manual vacuum that I used most of the time, and I had a pool rover Jr which is a robot cleaner for above ground pools. The DolphinS200 is a nice robot cleaner but it is designed for inground pools.

Reactions: 67mike
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.