DE made pool cloudy

So I put some DE into the skimmer and now my entire pool is cloudy. How can I fix this? Pool was clear prior to. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!
Did you just backwash the filter or did you remove the cover and clean it?
It appears you have a bypass around the filter grids. this can be a leaking oring on the standpipe or a hole in one of your grids or a crack in the top manifold (where all the grids feed to the exit port).

Anytime you clean the filter (remove the top and physically clean the grids ) or when you backwash (the top is not removed but you just go through backwash mode) - you MUST add DE to coat the grids again. You do so by putting the required amount of DE in a bucket of water - mix it then pour it into the skimmer nearest to the pump. This gets the DE mixture quickly to the grids.

Do I understand you waited ONE week after cleaning the filter to add DE? If so, you may have damaged the grids (one or several) because the DE protects the grids. It is feasible that you have a small hole in a grid.

It may be good to tell us exactly what type filter you have... sand or DE?
Manufacturer and model number?

Better yet, fill out your signature with pool, pool equipment (including manufacturers and model numbers) and test kit info. This assists us in offering advice based on your pool and equipment without having to ask for this info each time.

Reactions: HermanTX
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.