DE Filter Sizing

Is your current one filtering sufficiently? Why does it need replacing?

- - - Updated - - -

Which model is your current one?

MCB,

4000 is a series number so you have either a 4024, 36, 48, or 60 Sq. ft. filter

You can never go too big so I would get the 4060, but certainly not less than what you have now...

The larger the filter the longer between backwashing and cleaning.

I never backwash anymore, I just break the units down and clean then them twice a year..

Thanks,

Jim R.

For your size pool, the 36 sqft should be sufficient. But, given the pool being open year round and wanting to clean it as few times as possible, bigger would be better.

Is your current one filtering sufficiently? Why does it need replacing?

- - - Updated - - -

Which model is your current one?

I have the 4000 model. I was thinking about replacing it because the band is bad. The metal coupling is breaking and I can't tighten it enough to tighten the whole unit. I am seeing that a new one is $300. I also have a small leak on the backwash valves. So, i'm wondering if I'm already half way to a new unit that I'd be better getting a new one.. Only owned the home for a year and I wasn't sure if it was sized bigger than I needed. than needed.

Great. So a 4048. How often do you have to back wash each year?

Based on Jason's response sounds like you just replace with the same if you want. But again, replacement of parts may be sufficient.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.