CYA amount in newly filled pool

Tleachhsv

Aug 7, 2020
Huntsville, AL
Hi friends,
Just got a new liner and filled my 25,000 gallon pool
I have a test kit and find that FC, TC, pH, are at the recommended level. But I have not added CYA. That level looks like 0 to me, as the black dot does not change. The Pool Math calculator seems to tell me to add 16 lbs. to my 25,000 gallon pool.
Does that seem right? I don’t want to add too much CYA. Thank you! Tom

Welcome to the forum!
Your Poolmath data implies a SWCG. Add CYA in stages. Start with 40 ppm worth. That would be 8 lbs. Let that dissolve from the socks and circulate for a couple days and then test. Then add the balance to get to 70 ppm.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.

Welcome to the forum!
Your Poolmath data implies a SWCG. Add CYA in stages. Start with 40 ppm worth. That would be 8 lbs. Let that dissolve from the socks and circulate for a couple days and then test. Then add the balance to get to 70 ppm.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry.
Thanks for the welcome! Yes, brand new SWCG, too. I appreciate your advice. Is there a special sock to purchase?

Is there a special sock to purchase?
Nope. My wife gave me a pair of old thin knee socks she did not want anymore. Knee high panty hose work good too. You can get about 2 pounds in one sock. Hang in front of a return. Once mushy, squeeze it well and it will disperse.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.