?Curiosity Question?

Kit

Bronze Supporter
Mar 10, 2016
Medford, Oregon
Due to a concern that the salt level in my in-ground spa might be decreasing (possible leak or inaccurate testing?), I was advised to monitor the salt level with the heater off for one month. I am curious about this recommendation. What effect might maintaining a heated spa have on the salt levels?

Thank you.

None at all. Where did that recommendation come from?

You are still having issues with your spa???

Was the recommendation of a pool builder.

Actually, a pressure test & bucket test suggest no evidence of a leak. However, salt level results (both the readout from the SWG & a separate reagent test) indicated a falling salt level. Placing skeptical reliance on the readout from the SWG, I decided to be particularily careful repeating the reagent test. During the same period of time, I have not used the spa in order to keep splash out at zero. After nearly a month, the salt level has reminded quite stable (i.e. + or - 300 ppm). So it appears that the falling salt level was due to 2 possibilities: (1) inaccurate testing or (2) splash out).

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.