East Hampton NY
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite (T-15)
I have a 3000 gal spa with it own plumbing system. I have had trouble with leaks for years. Thought it was leaking at the throat of skimmer and did many patches last year. Finally brought in a professional company last year who said the leaks were from the jet tubes and they replaced them (cutting out the old one's that the Diamond Brite installer had cemented in). In the spring, the spa held water solidly and salt level was constant for all of April and May (but spa was not being used). After second use around Memorial Day weekend, spa jets and blower were used extensively and spa started to leak again. Based on my need to add salt (and I monitor salt concentration daily with my handheld digital meter and with the SWG's reading), spa is losing 100 ppm per day. Its less than last year, but still significant.

I looked at all of the plumbing and see zero evidence of leak. Although I had the heater bypassed for most of the 8 good weeks with no leaks, I think water was running through the heater before the leak started so I dont believe the leak is from there. I have a VSP pump running on slow speed and it does fill with air as the day goes on, so I suppose its possible that there is a suction side leak, but would that cause me to lose water? It seems most likely that running the jets is what started the leaking again (given cause and effect). But the spa leaks now even with the jets off the last 7 days.

Any suggestions on what I might check? I have eight jets. Is it worth pulling them out, and seeing if the spa leaks that way? I supposed I could take 4 offline and see if that makes a difference, and then vary the combinations. But the jets all connect (underground and/or under concrete) so if the leak is in one part of that plumbing, sealing any individual jet might not help. Thanks in advance.

A suction side leak can lose water. Usually more when the system is off unless it's a good break. Perhaps the first place we should start is by providing us with a few photos. Some pics of the spa, pool, and especially the equipment pad from different angles so we can see all the plumbing lines, valves, equipment, etc.

Hopefully this helps. I sent the spa from different angles (one showing the jets and one with jets on), the autofill next to the spa, the skimmer, and the pumps, blower and heater and filter. The wetness in the photo was from yesterday's rain, not leakage. Please let me know if you see something I should focus on...

Attachments

• Autofill.jpeg
    Autofill.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 3
  • jet pumps and blower.jpeg
    jet pumps and blower.jpeg
  • skimmer throat.jpeg
    skimmer throat.jpeg
    769.5 KB · Views: 3
  • skimmer top.jpeg
    skimmer top.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 3
  • spa.jpeg
    spa.jpeg
    838.1 KB · Views: 3
  • spa heater.jpeg
    spa heater.jpeg
  • spa filter.jpeg
    spa filter.jpeg
    799.7 KB · Views: 3
  • spa pump.jpeg
    spa pump.jpeg
    957.7 KB · Views: 3
  • spa with jets.jpeg
    spa with jets.jpeg
    779.4 KB · Views: 3
  • spajetsrunning.jpeg
    spajetsrunning.jpeg
    850.3 KB · Views: 3
Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.