Critique my quote please

I don't see a filter specified.

What does the Intermatic time clock control since the Pentair VS pump should always be powered?

No IFCS but what will you use for a pool cleaner? You don't want the Rebel either. If a robot you need an electrical outlet in the right place for it.

Get a SWG. How many gallons will your pool be?

What is the Abyss Leaf Canister?

Last edited:
Reactions: CombatVet13
I don;t see a filter specified.

What does the Intermatic time clock control since the Pentair VS pump should always be powered?

No IFCS but what will you use for a pool cleaner? You don't want the Rebel either. If a robot you need an electrical outlet in the right place for it.

Get a SWG. How many gallons will your pool be?

What is the Abyss Leaf Canister?
I have an outdoor electrical outlet that will be 10’ or less away from the pool so I’d be ok therefor a robot.

As far as an abyss leaf canister and time clock control I’m unaware of their usage as well I will impose these questions to my designer.
Thank you!

I weighing the options of Salt vs straight chlorine but leaning towards swg.
Certainly interested in automation. I am hoping to keep the build under 35k
If you wish to get a SWCG and automation, then you should get it all at this time. Pentair has the new Intellicenter that you can get with the SWCG power supply built in. I do not remember seeing a volume but you will want a SWCG that is at least 2X your pool volume.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Congratulations! We love build progress pictures. Come folks have even posted time lapse videos of their build. Keep us informed.

How’s does my build look setup wise?

Hayward equipment
Traditional chlorine

What model Hayward VS pump? Folks have had lots of problems with the Ecostar oumps.

Lots of folks do fine with jug dumping. A SWG makes pool care even easier. Make sure they give you a large equipment pad, good spacing between equipment and pipes, and they leave a straight run between the filter and return pipe where a SWG cell can be cut in at a later time.

Lets talk about the plumbing and equipment pad:
-Valves-make sure they are the rebuildable ones-Jandy and Pentair make some good ones. Do NOT allow "ball valves" from the big box stores.
-Unions-make sure they use these on all of the equipment so you can service it without having to cut the pipe
-light over the equipment pad-you will thank me when you have to go out there at night.
-I don't see a an overflow line listed. That will keep the worry about the pool overflowing during a big rain at bay.

I like your design! Something for everyone!! FUN TIMES!!

Kim:kim:

Couple of things you may want to consider...

1. Heater- Unheated/uncovered pool season in PHX is surprisingly short, from about Jun-Sep. If you don’t get a heat pump youwill at least want a bubble cover. Heaters are much harder to add later than things like SWG.
2. Pool location - It’s worth noting that many people like to place the pool where it can be viewed from inside the main living area; both for aesthetics as well as security...see your kids when they are in the pool...piece of mind seeing what’s happening in pool without having to go out of your way to check.

Swim season in the valley is more like May to September. (My pool is currently 82, no heater)
You can extend it from April to Oct with a solar cover as spoonman noted.
If I was doing a pool from scratch, I’d hands down have my pad ready to go to install a chiller. (If it’s not in the budget to do it now)
Your water will easily be 95 degrees by the end of July through August. Not very refreshing when it’s 110 out. Just some thoughts. :cheers:

My pool would not be 82 right now without a cover. Yours may be warmer due to less wind or being a dark bottom pool. Can’t say for sure, but I can say I find anything under 85 to be too cold to enjoy for long periods of time. Different strokes and all that but either a heater or blanket are worth seriously considering.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.