Crazy Problems

Oct 30, 2016
Maitland
The gas company improperly marked the gas line as being inside the easement. The pool company came and started digging and had to stop because there is a gas line running through the middle of our back yard. Thank God they didn't break it! Side issue... Century link labeled the gas line as theirs so we wasted a week working with them trying to figure out what it was.

The gas company will move the line at their expense. However, there is a tree in the neighbors yard right at the property line. We've already paid to trim back the tree because of the leaves falling it the future pool. Now the tree is heavily weighted on the neighbors side. The gas company came out and I asked them if it would be an issue but he asked me to ask our tree guy if he could cut back the roots. He said that he highly recommends against it because with the trimming and the cutting of roots I am making myself liable if the tree dies or falls on their property, which is more likely due to the pruning and removal of roots. I feel that the gas company should pay for tree removal. However, they can't come out for 3-4 weeks and I"m ready to just drop 1000 to remove the tree IF I can get the neighbors to agree to it.

Anyone know anything about this??

Ugh. We signed our contract early December~! We're already looking at a mid May finish.

I think most people would be understanding of the tree issue and since you are willing to pay for it, they should be accommodating

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I think most people would be understanding of the tree issue and since you are willing to pay for it, they should be accommodating

my neighbor is already having a cow over the pin oak on our property line with trucks coming in and out. he was a basket case when we built. it's like a family member to him. I don't have the heart to tell him it's actually on my property when I had my lot surveyed. I just couldn't do it, but let me tell you if it is in our way when I start, I might have to have a sad sit down with him and tell him to get the marsh-mellows and chocolate ready for a nice fire.

3863490780440b1db0b154d4bb817735.jpg
4317413855d1f6e2b326d96188bb1c05.jpg
edbed2a947506d03eb2e2b7713efa2ed.jpg

When you said crazy problems, this is what I was imagining. We had a "microburst" come through and destroy our little pool shed and send our trampoline airborne into the woods.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.